We are committed to respecting the privacy of personal information of our clients and staff. This document sets out our personal information management practices. It aims to promote the protection of the privacy of individuals and to promote responsible an dtransparent handling of personal information held.
We may vary this policy from time to time. The latest version can be accessed on our website.
Consideration of personal information privacy
Collection of personal information
We only collect personal information (other than sensitive information) that is reasonably necessary and only collect such information by lawful and fair means within the requirements of the legislation. We do not collect sensitive information about an individual unless the individual consents to the collection of the information and the information is reasonably necessary for one or more of the Company’s functions or activities.
Dealing with personal information
We only use personal information about an individual for the purpose for which it was collected (primary purpose) and do not use or disclose the information for another purpose (secondary purpose) without the individuals consent or unless required by law.
In most circumstances, personal information is used to:
- provide financial services
- keep the individual up to date on other products or services we offer
- monitor and improve the services we provide
- process an application for employment with us
- comply with regulatory or legal requirements
We may disclose personal information to external parties including (but not limited to):
- service providers in Australia and overseas that assist us with unit registry, audit and tax, marketing and fund-raising recruitment, payroll, superannuation, insurance, management consulting, financial and legal advisory, banking, security and technology services
- organisations that you have consented disclosing your personal information to, including your financial advisor/planner, asset consultant, legal advisor, broker or other agents and their service providers
- where relevant, to prospective employers and recruitment agencies who request verbal or written references in relation to current or former personnel
- other third parties where required or authorised by law, which may include emergency situations and assisting government agencies
Integrity of personal information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect is accurate, up to date, complete and protected from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Access to and correction of personal information
We provide individuals with access to the information held on them upon receipt of a written request and within the requirements of the law.
We respond to a request for access to the personal information in writing within 30 days and give access to the information in the manner requested by the individual, if it is reasonable and practicable to do so.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that information held is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
If you visit our website, our system may record information such as the date and time of your visit, the pages accessed and any information downloaded. We use this information for statistical, reporting and maintenance purposes only. Whilst we take great care to protect personal information on our website, unfortunately no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you send to us or receive from us online.
The website may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or policies of those sites.
For information about privacy generally, or if your concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) on 1300 363 992 or via www.oaic.gov.au.